Aromatherapy And The Third Chakra
Useful Essential Oils
Which essential oils are helpful for the 3rd Chakra?
As explained in the video, the following products have traditionally been used for the 3rd chakra:
- Real French Lavender Essential Oil from Provence (to ease deep karmic tensions in relationships and relaxes, eases and supports glycogen synthesis in the liver) – Diffuse it or dilute it 3-5% in any carrier oil (15-25 drops per tablespoon) and apply or dilute it and use it in an aromatic bath.
For Pitta types:
- German Chamomile Essential Oil (for inflammation of the gastro-intestinal tract) – Dilute up to 2% in jojoba or hazelnut oil (10 drops per tablespoon) and apply to the abdominal area.
- Myrrh Essential Oil (for ulcers) – Diffuse it or dilute it up to 2% in a carrier oil (10 drops per tablespoon) and apply to the affected area or dilute it and use it in an aromatic bath.
For Vata types:
- Fennel Essential Oil, Anise Essential Oil and Caraway Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil (but be very careful – it is a very heating, sharp oil). Complement it with other spices, like Cinnamon Essential Oil and Cardamom Essential Oil.
- Jasmine Essential Oil (harmonizes the relationship of the 3rd chakra with the 2nd chakra – sexuality – and the 4th chakra – heart – as our personal relationships are often affected by third chakra issues).
- Rosemary Essential Oil (prepares you for action and breaks down glycogen in the liver and stimulates all mental functions).
- Tri-EssencePowerBlends Digestive Nectar (helps strengthen and create balance in the third chakra).
Note: Peppermint oil is not suitable for personal empowerment.
Disclaimer: The statements made on this page have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician or healthcare provider. The information provided is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a healthcare provider, and should not be construed as medical advice.