by Stephanie Chambers
The holiday gift giving season is fast approaching. Here are some ideas for gifts you can make for family and friends:
- Scented Candles – For example, use Mountain Forest Synergy to make pine-scented candles. Or use Sweet Orange Essential Oil if you want an uplifting citrus scent. Use 2 cups of soy wax flakes and melt them in the microwave to create the wax (cover the cup with plastic and melt in 10 second increments, taking it out and stirring with a wooden spoon or stick to encourage the melting). Use an oven mitt to handle. Tie the wick to a pencil and put that across the top of a glass jar so that the wick dangles down into the jar. Add 10 or more drops of the essential oils or synergy (depending on how strong a scent you want) to the wax and pour it in. Add some ribbon to the outside of the jar and you are done!
- Scented Bath Salts – Add Roman Chamomile and Lavender to some bath salts like Epsom salts (perfect for the person who likes to take a bath before bed). Put them in a glass jar and add some ribbon.
- Body Guacamole Scrub – See www.amrita.net/aromatherapy-body-scrub-recipe for the recipe.
- Good Morning Shower Scrub – See www.amrita.net/morning-shower-essential-oil-scrub for the recipe.
- Tired Feet Massage Oil – See www.amrita.net/aromatherapy-esssential-oil-rub-for-tired-feet for the recipe. This is a good gift for someone who is on their feet all day.
- Anxiety Spritzer – See www.amrita.net/anxiety-and-essential-oils for the recipe. This is great for anyone who often gets stressed.
- Jet Lag Spritzer - See www.amrita.net/jet-lag-essential-oil-blend for the recipe. This is a great gift for someone who is about to travel overseas.
- Essential Oil Soaps – See www.amrita.net/blog/making-your-own-essential-oil-soap/ for ideas.
- Homemade Moisturizer – See www.amrita.net/blog/make-your-own-moisturizer/ for ideas.
- Homemade Room Freshener – Add 7 drops of essential oils per tablespoon of filtered water. Balsam Fir, Bay Laurel or Lemon are good choices for the essential oils. Put in a bottle with a spray top. Add a tablespoon of alcohol per 6 tablespoons of water if you want it to mix better and last longer. Stir and shake well.
- Homemade Cleaning Supplies – See www.amrita.net/blog/cleaning-with-essential-oils/ .
See our previous blog, Want To Try Making Something Special?, for additional tips.
There are endless possibilities. If you have some other tips, please pass them on by adding a comment below. Wishing you happy gift giving!
Disclaimer: The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician or healthcare provider. The information provided is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a healthcare provider, and should not be construed as medical advice.