This or That: Rose Absolute vs Bulgarian or Turkish Rose Otto
Feb 2nd 2023
Posted by Dr. Christoph Streicher and Samantha A.
Rose Essential Oil is one of the most sought-after essential oils on the market, with a strong aroma and host of potential benefits. She is the queen of essential oils, in a class of her own. Her status as one of the more expensive essential oils may come as a surprise to many aromatherapy enthusiasts, but there are plenty of reasons why rose oil commands such high prices. From its complex production process to its impressive therapeutic qualities, this article will take a closer look at what makes Rose Essential Oil so special and worth the investment.
What Makes Rose So Special?
No other flower has been exalted in literature and mythology or used for so many sacred purposes, as the rose. In ancient art and literature, the rose was the predominant flower symbol. Its blossoms symbolize beauty, love, youth, perfection, and immortality. In modern times, rose oil and rosewater are extensively used as fragrance components in skin care preparations, perfumes, soaps, and food flavoring.
In perfumery, Rose is known to be incredibly versatile, blending with most other Essential Oils to add an enticingly rich, sensual, sweet, and floral character to fragrance blends. It blends particularly beautifully with the Essential Oils of Australian Sandalwood, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Melissa, Roman Chamomile, Rose Geranium, Rosewood, and Ylang Ylang. As a heart note, it creates an aromatic bridge between the deeper base notes and the more fleeting top notes, creating a unique sense of body, richness, and complexity that many perfumers relish.
Rose Oil is frequently incorporated into bath and shower products due to its relaxing and de-stressing effects.* In the aromatherapy world, Rose Oil can be used in a diffuser or infused into a massage blend application. When added to a diffuser, Rose helps to create a romantic and peaceful ambiance that doubles as a sleep aid for those suffering from insomnia.* Inhaling the luxurious scent of Rose can calm the nervous system, relieve fatigue, and enhance one's mood and sense of hope.* When infused in a massage blend, Rose captivates the senses and one's inner energy. In this way it is a natural aphrodisiac.* The enchanting aroma of this floral massage blend enhances intimacy that supports love, joy, unwinding, and recovery.*
What is the Difference Between Rose Absolute and Rose Otto?
Rose Otto Oil is distilled from the petals of the Damask Rose. It takes about thirty roses to make one glorious drop of essential oil! This makes it one of the most expensive oils available. Steam distilled Rose Essential Oil is known as Rose Otto and solvent extracted rose oil is known as Rose Absolute. Both are beautiful, intoxicating oils, but there are some differences. Rose Otto is lighter in color and thinner in viscosity than Rose Absolute. Aromatically, Rose Otto traditionally can have a heartier, more intense aroma than Rose Absolute. Still, both are incredibly concentrated and just a little goes a long way!
What is the Difference Between Bulgarian and Turkish Rose Otto?
The chemical composition of Turkish Rose Otto is distinguishable from that of Bulgarian Rose Otto due to the higher percentages of citronellol and geraniol. Turkish Rose Otto has heavier, more full-bodied aroma and with a certain wine-like and even slightly earthy tones. Bulgarian Rose Otto tends to have lighter aroma, smelling truer to the fresh flower.
Rose Otto Essential Oil can inspire the best in everyone.* Known for its soothing, calming effects on one's heart and soul, Rose oil has been lauded throughout history as an ingredient in countless skincare preparations such as perfumes, soaps, and food flavorings.* Not only does it provide relief from insomnia and irritability but can also help restore balance during difficult times of hormonal change for women around the world. This helps women transition through these experiences gracefully, harnessing their personal power, moving into deeper universal love.*
Overall, Bulgarian Rose Otto is perfect in premium skincare formulations and in fine perfumery compositions while Turkish Rose Otto especially esteemed for promoting spiritual wellbeing, creating a peaceful ambiance, and as an excellent companion to meditation practices.*
DIY Recipes Using Each One
If you're looking for a natural, therapeutic way to improve your mood and overall wellbeing, look no further than Rose Oil!* When used as part of an aromatherapy routine or even on its own instead of perfume in the morning, rose essential oil is sure to bring beauty and calm into your life. Here are some amazing ways that you can start using Rose Oil today!
Other Options to be More Budget Friendly
- Rose Perfume:
- With the help of Rose Organic Perfume, you can regain an innocent attitude towards love, healing your heart and making it easier to “love like you've never been hurt.” The popular and widespread scent of roses evokes romance. Amrita's Rose Organic Perfume is made with only genuine Rose Essential Oil and Jojoba Oil, so offers a complete range of benefits, unlike more common synthetic rose perfumes.
- When you use Amrita's essential oil-based Rose Perfume, its application is therapeutic. Rose is said to increase feelings of trust, fulfillment, and love. This means that with the help of Rose Organic Perfume, you can “become the loving person you are looking for,” instead of depending on a partner to provide the love you seek.
- Rose Hydrosol:
- Rose Hydrosol is steam distilled from the flowers of the Rosa plant that produces Rose Otto Essential Oil. Hydrosols may smell different when comparing them to the essential oil of the same plant due to this process. The water-soluble compounds of the plant are used to create a gentle, fragrant, healing liquid. These exquisite floral waters embody all the subtle benefits of the precious essential oils. Rose Hydrosol helps bring a sense of well-being and peace to your mind, body, and spirit.
- Many times, hydrosols are used in creating body products, room and linen mists. Hydrosols are gentle enough to be used directly on the skin and can be used on children and pets. There are many uses for this magnificent gift from nature!
- Rose Facial Creme:
- Amrita's Rose Facial Creme is a luxurious daily beauty treatment for normal skin providing nutritional supplementation for a radiant glow. Each of the 100% pure botanical ingredients is food for the skin. A good facial moisturizer is one of the most important investments you can make in maintaining youthful-looking skin. Rose Facial Creme for Normal Skin is a daily moisturizing treatment that achieves both short- and long-term beautification.
- As you enjoy the creamy texture and euphoric scent of roses, Rose Facial Creme for Normal Skin delivers the nutrients to make your skin cells happy. The results will be immediately evident through your skin's plumped, hydrated radiance.
- Enhance Facial Toner:
- Enhance Facial Toner has a refreshing, clarifying scent that is both calming and reinforcing.* It contains natural ingredients to soothe your skin while it cleanses the complexion of dirt or make up residues through its witch hazel content in order for you have supple glowing normal-looking complexions!* Normal skin needs moisture, just as other skin types do! This mist acts to hydrate the skin while reducing dry, flaking skin.*
- Enhance Facial Toner for Normal Skin has the most floral scent, combining Rose and Witch Hazel Hydrosols. Rosewater has been used for centuries to hydrate and soothe the skin.* Naturally cleanse the skin of dirt, oils, and impurities through the help of toners.* Overall, toners are excellent to help restore pH balance.*
- Enhance Facial Toner encourages normal skin to maintain a balanced production of elastin, collagen, and other facets of your skin's natural intelligence.* Achieve a supple, glowing, and balanced complexion for your skin type.* An all-natural facial toner to cleanse, heal, and moisturize normal skin.*
Final Thoughts from Dr. Streicher and the Amrita Experts
Rose Oil has been used across the centuries for its diverse aromatic and therapeutic benefits. Its sweet, florally scent is beloved by many in aromatherapy today, as it can evoke strong emotions of joyfulness, comfort and sensuality. But beyond its sensory effects, Rose Oil has long been known as a powerful remedy to soothe physical ailments like skin irritations or minor aches and pains. Whether you’re just getting started with aromatherapy or an experienced enthusiast looking for new ways to benefit from Rose Oils, we hope this guide gave you some ideas that could help improve your experience!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.