- Country of Origin
- Farming Method
- Certified Organic
- Latin Binomial
- Cananga odorata
- Other Names
- Flower of Flowers
- Plant Part
About the Plant:
The velvety yellow flowers produce a heady and sensual oil very similar to Jasmine. Like Jasmine and Rose, the blossoms are harvested and processed in the early morning. The spirit of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is best described as radiant, passionate, and quintessentially feminine, so it is no wonder Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is revered around the world as an aphrodisiac, stirring the blood and engaging the heart and mind toward romance.
Where it Grows:
The Ylang Ylang tree, which originated in the Philippines, belongs to the custard apple family. Today it is also cultivated in Java, Sumatra, Comoro Islands, Zanzibar, Haiti, and Madagascar. In the Malayan language, Ylang Ylang means “flower of flowers.” There is no flower more luscious or sweetly fragranced. This precious nectar is commonly distilled in "fractions,” meaning at various stages the oil is taken off and then the distillation continues, producing other grades of oil. Ylang Ylang Complete is a compounding of all the stages of distillation.
Traditional Uses and Lore:
In Indonesia, it is traditional for newlywed couples to find these blossoms spread on their marriage bed. In its country of origin, the Ylang Ylang blossoms were immersed in coconut oil until they absorbed all the fragrance. The oil was then used to prevent fever and infectious diseases. In Victorian times, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil was used as a hair treatment.
- USDA Certified Organic
- Tension Relieving
Ylang Ylang Complete Organic Essential Oil has a sweet, heady, and flowery scent. Pronounced Eee-lang Eee-lang, this euphoric oil is distilled from the flowers of a tree native to southeast Asia.
Topical Application (for use on the skin):
- Whole-body massage: Dilute up to 2% in any carrier oil (10 drops per tablespoon of carrier oil) for the following:
- Genito-Urinary System:
- Relief from PMS
- Reduces Menopausal Symptoms
- Genito-Urinary System:
- Aromatic Bath: Dilute up to 1% in a cup of milk or similar before adding to a full bath for the following:
- For a sensual and romantic bath
Diffusion (add a few drop to a nebulizer or nasal diffuser):
- Nervous System:
- Alleviates Anxiety
- Reduces Depression
- Create an Uplifting and Calming Home or Workspace
- Ylang Ylang Complete Organic Essential Oil is non-toxic and non-irritant.
- However, it is possible to have sensitization.
- Please use it in moderation.
- Excessive use could cause headaches and nausea.
General Safety Precautions:
- Use essential oils only in diluted form on the skin and never internally.
- Always be careful when using essential oils with children.
- Give them only low doses, or better, consult a qualified aromatherapy expert before using.
- Also, use essential oils with care and only under the proper guidance of an expert while pregnant or if you have liver damage, epilepsy, cancer, or other serious health problems.
Ylang Ylang Complete stimulates the release of endorphins, which creates a sense of well-being and reduces pain. Ylang Ylang is also a powerful aphrodisiac and is best known as a treatment for sexual dysfunctions; therefore, it is the preferred choice of therapists.
Following is a list of conditions Ylang Ylang Complete addresses by category:
Click the link below to view GC Analysis