by Stephanie Chambers
How can you use essential oils throughout your day? Here are some tips:
- Give the shower or bath a quick clean using essential oils (see Spring Cleaning With Essential Oils for recipes).
- Use essential oil body oils to add moisture back into your skin after you shower. You can use our body oils which already have essential oils mixed into them (e.g. Invigorating Body Oil, which contains Holy Basil and Rosemary essential oils, to help wake you up for your day) or you can mix your own using essential oils and carrier oils.
- Spray on some essential oil-based deodorant. Amrita’s is 100% natural and contains Lime, Peppermint and Siberian Fir essential oils.
- Apply an essential oil face crème. We have a number of skincare products, which include essential oils to suit your skin type.
- Add some essential oil perfume or hydrosol. For example, Lavender-Cinnamon. As the classic Ayurvedic text – the Charaka Samhita – says, adding flowers promotes “aphrodisiac, produces good smell, longevity, charm, nourishment and strength, pleasing manners and destroys inauspiciousness.”
- During your morning (and evening) meditation, you may like to diffuse a spiritual essential oil like Spikenard or Frankincense or our Spiritual Awakening Synergy, which contains Tamil Nadu Sandalwood, Frankincense and Cedar Atlas essential oils. You can also dilute the Spiritual Awakening Synergy to 5% (25 drops per tablespoon of carrier oil) and add it to your temples and forehead.
- During your work day, you may like to use one of our roll-on essential oil blends depending on how you feel such as Mental Energizer, Anxiety Free, Stress Free or Headache. Or you could diffuse a synergy blend of essential oils for similar purposes such as Mental Energizer, Anxiety Free, Stress Free or Headache Reliever.
- To cleanse after work, you may like to use an essential oil face mask. We have face masks specially formulated for a variety of skin types.
- To help you relax during your evening, you may like to diffuse our Pure Joy Synergy, which contains Ylang Ylang Extra, Bergamot, Pink Grapefruit and Lavender essential oils. Alternatively, you may like to dilute it to 2% (10 drops per tablespoon of carrier oil) and have a whole body massage with it or dilute it with some bath salts and add it to your bath.
- To rejuvenate while you sleep, you may like to apply one of our essential oil Facial Serums. We have a variety for different skin types.
- To help you sleep, you may like to rub on some Deep Rest Roll-On Relief or to diffuse Deep Rest Synergy or to simply sprinkle a few drops of Lavender on your pillow.
How do you use essential oils during your day? Please share below so we can all learn and benefit from what you do.
Disclaimer: The statements made on this page have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician or healthcare provider. The information provided is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a healthcare provider, and should not be construed as medical advice.